Quality Garbage Disposal Repair & Replacement Services
The sink garbage disposal is one of the miracles of the modern kitchen. It makes food preparation and clean-up much easier, eliminating the messy need to scrape food into a trash receptacle and carry it outside. Disposals also help protect your plumbing by grinding down food waste so that it won’t catch in the drainpipe. And they benefit the environment by removing waste from landfills and instead sending it to sewage treatment plants.
You probably already have a kitchen garbage disposal working in your home. If you don’t, and you want to have one installed, just call on Quick Action Plumbers. We provide comprehensive garbage disposal services in Atlanta or the surrounding areas. If your current disposal is experiencing trouble and either needs repairs or to be replaced altogether, we are also the professionals you should contact. We will see that the job gets done fast and done right. For your convenience, emergency service is available!
Call on Quick Action Plumbers at (770) 854-0755 to schedule your garbage disposal repair in Atlanta today!
Signs You Need Garbage Disposal Repair
1. Smells that stick around - If you haven't cleaned your garbage disposal in some time, it could just need a good cleaning. But if after you've cleaned it it's still smelling a lot, it might not be disposing of everything and should be inspected.
2. Loud sounds - Garbage disposals make some noise, but if it's making new sounds that are loud like grinding then make sure to call in our Atlanta garbage disposal repair specialists.
3.You're resetting the disposal time and time again - You may need to hit the reset button every now and again, but if you're doing so too often then give us a call. The wiring might be thrown off and causing problems.
4. It's taking too long - Another sign you need garbage disposal repair is that it's taking too long to grind up your food. The whole point of a garbage disposal is that it grinds up food in seconds so if it's not getting the job done, give us a call.
5. The garbage disposal won't turn on - First check that the electrical outlet isn't to blame by testing another electrical appliance, but this could be an indication that you need garbage disposal replacement.
Things to Avoid Throwing Down a Garbage Disposal
Garbage disposals are convenient appliances that help us dispose of food waste quickly and efficiently. However, it's important to remember that not everything can go down a garbage disposal. Certain items can cause clogs, damage the disposal unit, or even pose a safety hazard. To keep your garbage disposal running smoothly and prevent costly repairs, here are some things you should never throw down a garbage disposal:
- Grease and oil: These substances can solidify and clog the drain pipes.
- Bones: Garbage disposals are not designed to handle hard materials like bones, which can damage the blades.
- Fruit pits and seeds: They are too hard and can cause blockages or damage the disposal unit.
- Coffee grounds: They can accumulate and form a sludgy mess that clogs the drain.
- Pasta and rice: These expand when exposed to water, potentially leading to blockages.
- Eggshells: The thin membrane lining the shells can wrap around the disposal's blades, causing them to dull over time.
- Fibrous foods: Celery, corn husks, onion skins, and similar items can tangle around the blades and impede their movement.
Remember, it's always best to dispose of these items in the regular trash or find alternative uses for them. By avoiding the improper disposal of these items, you can extend the lifespan of your garbage disposal and prevent unnecessary plumbing issues.
Can’t I Just Fix My Kitchen Garbage Disposal Myself?
No, you can’t. The only "fix-it" job you should do with a disposal on your own is to press the reset button on the bottom of the unit when the disposal suddenly stops working. This button is designed to pop out if the disposal experiences too much stress on the flywheel. If you press the reset button and the disposal stops working again soon afterward, then you should call for repairs.
Other than this, do not make any attempt to do a DIY repair job on the disposal—and never put your hand down in it! This is simply unsafe, even with the disposal unplugged. But even discounting the safety concern, disposals are powerful motorized devices that need to be snugly installed and sealed to work correctly and prevent them from damaging the kitchen sink when they operate. It takes experienced technicians to repair them, as well as to install or replace them.
Need Installation or Replacement for a Sink Garbage Disposal?
If you have moved into a new home, or you live in a very old home, you may not have a garbage disposal in place already. That’s easy to fix; call our Atlanta garbage disposal installation staff today and they will arrange to have a new unit put in.
It’s important to have professionals on this job so that you have a unit with the right horsepower and which is expertly fit into your drainpipes and sink. A loose garbage disposal can create myriad problems, including inflicting damage to the sink and leaking out unpleasant food waste. Experts are also necessary if you need to have an old disposal removed and a new one replace it.
No matter whether you are looking to have a disposal installed in a new kitchen or you need repairs done quickly to restore your old disposal to grinding food once more, you only need to call on Quick Action Plumbers to schedule the job. We serve Atlanta and the surrounding areas with comprehensive kitchen plumbing services, including installation, repair, and replacement for garbage disposals.
Give our Atlanta garbage disposal repair team a call at (770) 854-0755 to find out how we can help you with your garbage disposal issue!
The technicians arrived on time, diagnosed the problem, and completed the job in an hour. Very reasonable price and super friendly. Couldn't ask for more!
We're a team of expert, highly skilled plumbers in Atlanta with over 40 years of combined experience.
PassionateWe believe in protecting and serving our customers one plumbing solution at a time.
ProfessionalOur licensed and uniformed plumbers are polite, on time, and keep your home clean.