Most residents of Sandy Springs, GA use traditional tank water heaters to warm the water in their home. It’s a reliable system, but it’s not the only one out there, and depending on your specific household needs, you might want to consider an alternative model instead. Tankless systems, in particular, might be a good fit for your home, and if you’re in the market for a new water heater, you might want to consider the benefits they provide. A tank water heater keeps the water in that large cylinder, warming it and transferring it to your outlets. Tankless systems, on the other hand, use superheated coils to warm the water instantly as it travels through your pipes. They cost more to install and they usually have a lower workload capacity than tank systems. That tends to make them work best in households with a small number of family members, or in vacation homes that don’t have as much of a workload put on them.
In exchange, however, they offer a number of benefits:
- Instant hot water, available as soon as you turn on the tap. No more waiting for the cold water to warm up.
- Endless hot water, ensuring you never run out no matter how long your shower is, or how many dishes you need to do.
- Lower bills, since tankless systems don’t waste water warming up and tend to use less energy to do their jobs.
- Smaller profiles, allowing them to fit in homes that might not be able to support a full tank water heater.
- Longevity, lasting many years with regular servicing and providing strong value for your dollar.
Again, this isn’t right for every home, and you should think careful on whether the benefits are right for you.
Call the pros at Quick Action Plumbers to discuss your options further!