Slab leaks are among the most complex and difficult problems a homeowner will ever have to face with their plumbing system. They’re simply leaks in your pipes like any other, and if that were the end of it, there wouldn’t be cause for concern. But when that pipe lies buried under your concrete porch or the foundation of your house (or in some cases in the concrete foundation of your house), it can be a serious problem. Slab leaks can go undetected for years: raising your monthly water bills and slowly causing serious damage to the very fundaments of your home. Here in Atlanta, GA, a good plumbing service like ours can solve your slab leak problem, but before you can call us in, you need to know how to detect it. Here’s a quick list of some ways.
- Higher Water Bills. If you notice a sudden spike in your water bills without using your water any more than normal, then there may be a hidden leak in your home, including a possible slab leak.
- Dripping or running water with no apparent source is another sign of a slab leak. In fact, plumbers often use seismic detectors to pinpoint the location of a slab leak, in the event youy can’t detect any running water.
- Wet Spots. Wet spots or puddles will often appear around the sides of your house with a slab leak, again with no apparent source.
- Warm or Cold Spots. If the leak is caused by a hot water pipe, there’s apt to be a spot on the concrete that’s warmer than the surrounding spot. The same holds true with cold water pipes.
- Over time, the leaking water will cause the concrete to crack, which is a serious sign that something is wrong.
Call upon Quick Action Plumbers to resolve your slab leak problem!