Skip navigation

24/7 Emergency Service Available

770-948-7988

Menu
Quick Action Plumbers - Slab Leak

Slab Leak Services in Atlanta, GA by Quick Action Plumbers

Among the different problems that residential plumbing can face, one of the most difficult to detect and repair is the slab leak. Pipes that spring leaks inside the foundation of a home present a number of problems when it comes to fixing them. However, with the assistance of a plumber with experience, training, and the right equipment, you won’t need to worry about the successful repair of any slab leak that pesters your house.

Quick Action Plumbers is your one-stop plumbing shop in the Atlanta area, and that includes slab leak detection and slab leak repair. As soon as you notice some of the warning signs that you have a slab leak, you only need to call us to get started with solving the problem. Our plumbers are ready with fully-stocked vans to provide you with the quality plumbing services you require, and they are available 24-hours a day for emergency work.

Do you need slab leak detection and repair in Atlanta, GA or the surrounding areas? Trust the job to Quick Action Plumbers.

What Exactly Are Slab Leaks?

The term slab leak is a plumbing industry jargon for leaks that occur in water pipes within the concrete foundation of a building. Technically, a slab leak is any leak in a pipe within a hard rock surface, but for residential plumbing the issue is usually in the concrete of the foundation. Around 80% of slab leaks happen in the hot water lines, and the remaining 20% in the cold water lines.

Slab leaks are serious problems. Not only do they waste significant amounts of water, but they create spikes in pressure that can damage the basement floor. Hot water leaks will also drain energy, since they will make the water heater perform unnecessary work. If you believe there are slab leaks in your home, you must have them repaired as soon as possible.

Signs That You May Need Slab Leak Repair

This leads to an important question: How can I know I have a slab leak if it’s happening out of sight under concrete? Thankfully, slab leaks create a number of warning you can watch for:

  • An unexpected spike in your water bills.
  • Bizarre behavior from the water heater, such as turning on when there is no actual demand for hot water.
  • Signs of cracking across the floor of the basement.
  • An unusual increase in humidity in the basement.
  • The development of molds and mildews in the lower parts of your home.
  • The sound of running water in the basement when no tap is turned on.

If you feel at all uncertain, contact a professional plumber to detect if you have slab leaks.

Call Us for Professional Slab Leak Detection and Repair

It should be clear why you cannot perform a slab leak repair as a DIY project or call on an amateur for the work. Even finding the exact location of a slab leak requires advanced technology, such as listening discs and pressure scanners. After locating the leak, it takes excavation work or else lateral digging to insert bypass piping to fix it. Only professionals with special training and experience can provide this service for you and do it right.

Quick Action Plumbers has the plumbers you need to handle the job. When you suspect that you have a slab leak in your home’s foundation, give us a call.

Trusted By Our Customers
Quick Action Plumbers Service Truck
Reviews

Customer service was great and also the tech who fixed my water heater did a great job. I will be calling them again for my future needs!

- Pickels

The guys were great, thank you Quick Action!!!

- Vkydavis

They came out in a timely manner, gave me a price that was really affordable, and they repaired the leak. I would certainly recommend them to anyone.

- brezzy

They were quick and were very mannerable. I will be calling QAP for my future plumbing needs. GO QAP!!!!

- Skywoman

Quick Action Plumbers was great! I would definately refer ANYONE to them. Thanks QAP for the excellent job u did installing my water heater!

- Southernjms